Fwd: CROSSING THE LANGUAGE BARRIER  

Read This Out
Loud!!!

I dare you to try!


To get the full
effect, this should be read aloud. You will understand what 'tenjewberrymuds'
means by the end of the conversation. This has been nominated for the best email
of 2005.


The following is a
telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in
Asia , which was
recorded and published.


Room Service (RS) :
"Morrin. ; Roon sirbees."


Guest (G) : "Sorry, I
thought I dialed room-service."


RS : "
Rye ..Roon sirbees..morrin!
Jewish to oddor
sunteen??"


G : "Uh..yes..I'd
like some bacon and eggs."


RS : "Ow July den?"


G : "What??"


RS : "Ow July
den?...pryed, boyud, poochd?"


G : "Oh, the eggs!
How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please."


RS : "Ow July dee
baykem? Crease?"


G : "Crisp will be
fine."


RS : "Hokay. An Sahn
toes?"


G : "What?"


RS : "An toes. July
Sahn toes?"


G : "I don't think
so."


RS : "No? Judo wan
sahn toes??"


G : "I feel really
bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means."


RS : "Toes!
toes!...Why jew don juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"


G : "English muffin!!
I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be
fine."


RS : "We bodder?"


G : "No...just put
the bodder on the side."


RS : "Wad! ?"


G : "I mean
butter...just put it on the side."


RS : "Copy?"


G : "Excuse me?"


RS :
"Copy...tea...meel?"


G : "Yes. Coffee,
please, and that's all."


RS : "One Minnie.
Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin we bodder on sigh and copy.... rye??"


G : "Whatever you
say."


RS :
"Tenjewberrymuds."


G : "You're very
welcome."

Shantharam Shenoy K

http://shanthu87.blogspot.com

http://oneunitedmanunited.blogspot.com


Check out the all-new face of Yahoo! India. Go to http://in.yahoo.com/

This entry was posted on 7:15 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments